LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

PARADISE FOUND

The Art League's Harvest of Art happens in exactly a week and I'm scrambling to get some pictures ready for the show. I took this out of the frame and sprayed it and added a bit more color to it. It now hangs in the Hernando Today lobby. I'll borrow it back for the show...along with a few others I've sent off to good homes.
Getting ready for the show is both exciting and stressful. I don't really feel as though I have enough new work this year, but I do have few colorful ones that will hopefully make up for that.. Quality rather than quantity....I've also matted a few prints, anticipating the fact that purchases in the under $50 price range will be very popular this year.

I am excited that we now have a Democratic government, though not on the local level. Change is necessary. Taxes need to be addressed and health care needs to be totally overhauled. Paying several hundred dollars for common antibiotics is outrageous and the nauseated feeling I get when I have to ask the doctor to change the script because I cannot pay that amount is intrusive. What do I have insurance for? Cheers to CHANGE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Long time, my dear! The shadows on that painting are just fabulous. Planning on coming to the festival.

And, cheers to change although not at the local level, but wahoo to living in a blue state!!