LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Monday, November 24, 2008

AMOS LEE



About a month ago, before the BIG SHOW, I had printed out some interseting pics I found on the websites of some of my favorite musicians. There were quite a few black and whites with interesting shadows and silhouettes...and I vowed that I would do these in small sizes for my "painting a day"...and so here's the first in a series of musical "smalls". 5x7, matted in white, framed in simple black. Haven't even considered a price because I want him all for myself. At least for a little while!


I consider AMOS LEE the male version of Norah Jones...funky bluesy storytelling, reflective lyrics, perfect for disappearing into a painting! I found him while reading about Norah's newest venture and the other artists on the movie soundtrack for Blueberry Nights. Still haven't seen it, but am hoping that one of these two great musicians will venture into Florida one of these days. I am way overdue for a good show!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow, Lynne! What a wonderful portrait. You've outdone yourself! :)
Happy Thanksgiving.