LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Monday, December 1, 2008

TIME TO PUSH BACK FROM THE PIE



Can't believe it is a week since I posted last. Well, I've certainly done my share of eating (and cooking) in the last week! About 6 days to lose a few pounds of pie before the Fine Arts Gala Fundraiser Event.

Why do we become such gluttonous fools at the holidays?

I sat back at my overflowing table, thankful for the other cooks who brought yummy side dishes, helping to alleviate some of my stress...

thankful for the loved ones there to share the feast...

and very guilty over the fact that once again, there was way too much food. I suppose the guilt is because I full well knew that some would go to waste, even after doggy bags were sent home with relatives and I managed to make pea soup out of the ham bone and turkey soup out of TOM'S carcass. (DID do both and they are yummy!)

Next year's resolution...
PREPARE HALF the portions and we start with dessert and end with the appetizers, assuring everyone the thrill of pumpkin and apple pie without the tight pants and need to run around the block a few times to make more room for them!
THANKFUL FOR MARSHMALLOWS TOASTED IN THE FIREBOWL!

2 comments:

Maria said...

WOW, great pictures, Lynne! Looked like a right ole feast. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are some great photos. You look fab!