LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Monday, September 15, 2008

I See Lovebugs....


That can only mean one thing...times are a changin! Pesky as they are, I look forward to seeing love bugs return each fall as it signifies the change in season and is often the only visible clue until the lawns turn brown closer to Thanksgiving.
There is slight drop in temperature.... more noticeable just as the sun comes up (when my faithful pooch Boomer and I take to the street for our morning run.)




This picture is not new, but I felt compelled to post it to mark my favorite time of year when the leaves turn, the air crisps and the cider flows. It is titled PATH TO BROTHERS BROOK and is done from a photo of one of my favorite places in my hometown of Somers, New York. Down the path is a beautiful winding stream where my sister, Kiki, took me when I was young for picnics on OUR moss covered rock under the shade canopy of oaks and white birch. It was also a place where my friends and I came of age, jumping off the falls into the pool below ( never the girls!), told late night ghost stories around the bonfire and solved all the problems of the world. It was a much simpler time then, when parents could let their children wander the neighborhood. We would disappear for the whole day, jump off the rope swing, get caught in the rain and have to negotiate the road home in the dark on our bikes without helmets or cell phones. Imagine that.

Happy Change of Seasons...

ABOVE PICTURES TAKEN BY GEORGE RODRIGUEZ

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Lynne, I LOVE upstate NY. I recommend that everyone sees the Catskills, the Adirondacks, and the Fingerlakes region once in a lifetime. I have so many great memories from the Fingerlakes especially. I just didn't like the cold winters...

Your painting is gorgeous as always!
Maria