LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

BUT, SERIOUS "LEE"





I have to make this count as my painting of the day, as I did not finish the small painting I was working on. I did, however, finish Mr. Lee and deliver him to his proud mother. He was definitely a challenge...chocolate labs have the slight reddish tinge, but all kinds of color in the highlights and shadows. You have to show enough color to give the 3d effect.


I have one more commission to finish before the Harvest of Art in exactly five weeks. Good timing and hopefully, I will get at least one commission from that show. I am going to bring all the small "painting a day" pictures and price them low and see if anything moves. The state of the economy dictates bargains and I want to be able to make my money back...


My beautiful niece gets married over the weekend and I'm not sure I'll keep my word painting for the next two days, but I'm going to try very hard. Here we are...can't believe she is 20 and about to walk down the aisle.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Flavi said...

Very cute ... I love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

PS I've tagged you on my blog.

Maria said...

cute dog and cute niece!! :)