LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO A PAINTING A DAY?




Not really sure, other than life got in the way. I have been painting every day, with the exception of Sat., but have not finished anything. Spent Sat. playing photographer for several different events. Here's a lovely shot of me in a hoop skirt from Sat. Founder's Day Celebration and Mural Dedication Ceremony in which I allowed a very small but very influential woman talk me into dressing up in 1800's attire. After wearing the outfit for a little over an hour , I very happily peeled it off, thankful I was born in this day and age where I wouldn't have to worry about bending my skirt just right to fit through the doorway. It was fun to dress up....maybe I have found my Halloween costume for this year.

On the Artistic side, I am currently working on some landscapes....and was inspired by a photo shoot I did yesterday for a friend just staring in a band....I took some creative shots of instruments and will put them together in some kind of a collage...probably not in pastels. Is that allowed? That has been my medium of choice for so long, I'm not sure I'll be accepted any other way....;)








1 comment:

Maria said...

Just play Lynne, and don't worry about what others think. New media is always fun to try!
xoxo