LYNNE SIMONE FINE ART Custom Pastels Specializing in Pet Portraits

.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

RED EYED AND BLUE

I think I will try the daily painting experiment that has been done by many artists trying to dig out of a rut. An exercise in discipline...a painting a day for 365 days to get the creative juices flowing. Any bets as to how many days I will actually go?!?!? (Can I bet on myself, the overwhelmed procrastinator? ) One small 3x5 picture a day...doesn't matter what medium...just GETTR DONE!



Something totally different for me and an exercise in color. This is 5"x7" and the first "Painting a Day" in a series of small works intended just to get me to paint EVERY DAY, no excuses. It only took 10 minutes to fill the sheet with color, another hour to make all the lines flow and put in an abstract design. Wow, that's out of my box, for sure. The title reflects the song I was listening to when inspiration struck, and also my mood on a rainy morning.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wonderful! I love your idea of painting one painting a day!! I really like this abstract one, so soft and swirly--like wind and soft rain. Maybe I'll take up the challenge, but maybe not... :)